GamingVerdict is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Table of Contents
Final Fantasy XIV mod support is one of its best features, with streamlined processes and web hosts providing various mods to suit the needs of the game’s ever-growing community. If you need a quick rundown on installing FFXIV mods or finding a convenient place to manage them, here is an FFXIV TexTools guide to teach you exactly that.
What is TexTools?
- Once you have setup your Final Fantasy Realm Reborn folder, download a mod or mods that you want through Nexus Mods or XIV Mod Archive.
- Next, open up FFXIV TexTools and click on any mods in the top left. Press the Import ModPacks button and find the downloaded mod(s) and press open.
- You will be shown a new file menu inside the mod folder with all the files automatically ticked. Go ahead and select Import Mod Pack and watch the files import all the files from the folder. You’ll know TexTools has finished importing when the popup notification says complete.
- You should be able to find your shiny new mod in the FFXIV TexTools Mod List section.
- Congratulations, you have installed your first mod successfully (hopefully).
- If you wish to enable or disable all mods, click on Batching and press either button. Alternatively, if you need to enable or disable specific mods then the mod list tool is helpful. Simply find the mod you want to individually enable or disable, find the mod pack and press either button.
- You’ll want to use this feature for patch days as game updates can cause compatibility problems. It is a standard procedure for MMOs. Anyone even remotely familiar with WoW, ESO, FFXIV will vouch they can cause all sorts of Lua errors, crash reports and other issues. It might be worth creating a backup of your game because it is possible for a mod to break core game files. Sadly, one broken file might require a fresh download and install of all 40+ gigabytes of FFXIV!
TexTools is a third-party mod management addon for FFXIV. It is useful for organising entire modpacks or specific files, compiling your own mod packs, enabling and disabling mods, and more. To get your hands on the addon, head over to the TexTools site and download the installer. Check out the alternative download via Github if you’re interested in TexTools development.
When you click to start TexTools you will be asked to locate the installation folder for Final Fantasy A Realm Reborn. More specifically, you’ll need to find the following subfolder:
…/FINAL FANTASY XIV – A Realm Reborn/game/sqpack/ffxiv
The above location is the destination folder for TexTool’s mod management, so it will be the place it finds, stores and handles mod information. Once FFXIV TexTools is setup, the TexTools mod will begin monitoring that folder, making it easier to view and manage your FFXIV mods.
How to Install FFXIV Mods
How to enable or disable FFXIV Mods
The guide covers the basic usage of the FFXIV TexTools software. Hopefully, it will give you years of fantastic companionship as you journey from vanilla Eorzea into a new world full of personality.
Stay in touch
Sign up now for all the latest news, builds, and ideas for your PC gaming setup.